Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so ive had my 98 jeep tj for 2 years now, and ever since i got it ive been wanting a "fold &tumble" rear seat, well i was on the internet looking up how to get the "tilt & slide" feature on my drivers seat to work (some people say that only passenger side does this, but i found out that both of mine do it, there is a little lever under the driver seat) and after i got my driver seat to do this and i was satisfied, i started looking at my rear seat to see if i could find some way of making it tumble forward without spending a lot of money, and i saw a hinge on it, so i tried it, and it tumbled!! ive had it this whole time!! all you do is pull the seat belt buckle pieces out from in between the cusions and pull up on that little lever and lift up on the seat after the back is laying down, i had no idea! i thought this was only on 03 year and up models! does everyone else have this? im wanting to know if this is common and im just slow at learning, or if this is a special option, they are completely stock!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
Yep, all TJ rear seats fold & tumble... it's explained right there in your owner's manual. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
Yep, all TJ rear seats fold & tumble... it's explained right there in your owner's manual. :)
The previous owner lost the manual, I feel pretty stupid after this. Haha well I learned something!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Haha yeah my 2000 has it as well :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My 87 yj does it to! It's almost the same as the tj. The problem with my yj is when you fold and tumble the seat it snags the carpet and fulls it off the wheel well. The tj wont come close

·
Registered
391 Posts
I've only had my Jeep for a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to try all the levers and gizmos yet, and it's news to me that the backs seats do anything other than get in the way. So you did some good by posting today. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ed98208 said:
I've only had my Jeep for a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to try all the levers and gizmos yet, and it's news to me that the backs seats do anything other than get in the way. So you did some good by posting today. :)
Well at least this post did some good! Haha I was pretty proud of my discovery, too bad I was a little late. Haha

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if your TJ got a rear seat (some SE's did not) then it has the fold and tumble action...i think in 2003 they moved the mechanism to the top of the rear seat for easier operation.

i folded and tumbled mine right out of there to make room for my big fat yellow Lab.

·
Registered
86 Posts
And if you need even more storage space, your back seat should come right out without having to remove any bolts.

·
Registered
981 Posts
To take completely out - fold it up, then it just slides left or right to un clip from the hinge.

Also, I love this post. Its the small things like what the PO found that truly just makes your day.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My driver seat does not fold tumble but passenger and rear seat do.

·
Registered
109 Posts
hmiller said:
how does the rear seat come completely out?
When you have it all folded up push the entire seat to the left or right and the pins will come out of the brackets and just pull the seat out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
To take it completely, there is a cotter pin you have to remove and volla

1 - 20 of 25 Posts