Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a crappy day at work, i decide i'm going to tke my doors off for the first time.

first, the harnesses. passenger side comes out fine...

i unhook the driver's side and find this.

i apologize for picture quality. they were quick frustrated snaps.

so, now i'm pissed because i'm going to have to go to the dealership and get a crappy rental car (last time i did this, the rental got broken into and a whole bunch of stuff got stolen).

they're also going to have to fix my radio bezel that has been crooked since i bought the thing.

anyone have any idea what the two wires could be? service is closed for the day.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Somebody added an alarm it appears (looks like a hood lock or something was added as well in the 2nd pic), the factory does not use that kind of connector - ever.

You can unplug those two wires if you want.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Not sure why your saying you have to get a rental looks like you can unplug those wires and take the doors off and plug them back in when you put the doors on. Where does the rental fit in?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Not sure why your saying you have to get a rental looks like you can unplug those wires and take the doors off and plug them back in when you put the doors on. Where does the rental fit in?
+1

The installer should have spliced those wires on the chassis connector and not the door side connector. Most likely the installer had no idea the doors came off lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha there are a couple other things the dealer needs to do. The radio bezel is off...

What's strange is that the Jeep had 6 miles on it when I got it so no alarm and I don't see a hood lock anywhere.

The connectors look like quick disconnects but whoever put them on crimped them I think because they do not come off.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Haha there are a couple other things the dealer needs to do. The radio bezel is off...

What's strange is that the Jeep had 6 miles on it when I got it so no alarm and I don't see a hood lock anywhere.

The connectors look like quick disconnects but whoever put them on crimped them I think because they do not come off.
This is really sketchy :confused:

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's for a dealer installed alarm that they try and sell you when you are in finance. It's absolutely crap. Just disco.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like a mini cam under the dash:). Take it back to the dealer and ask WTF? Reminds me of the stuff that buy here pay here places do, you know the shut off switches, alarms etc.

·
Registered
131 Posts

In the second picture, above the clutch pedal, it looks like you have a hood lock/starter cutoff or maybe a motion sensor or something. Thats not factory.

When you were buying it there should have been another small sticker next the window sticker with that alarm listed and maybe some other dealer add-ons. Those wires are not from the factory, dealers tend to add 'theft protection packages,' 'paint protection packages,' window etching and other junk. Problem is they pay 100.00 to have it done by an outside company and they charge the customer 600. Very common thing for dealers to do, that and selling extended warranties are where they make their money..

Those connectors are pretty tight usually, most of the time the wires get pulled out trying to unplug them. Like I said the proper way to do it would have been to put those taps on the body side of the harness, not on the door side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts