Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed many times, and ive researched plenty. However, I'd like to know who's pleased with their "buy one get one" Coverking neoprene thru Quadratrec.

I plan on getting Trek Armors or Wet Okole next Spring. I'd like something to hold me til then, for I've been spending enough on other items.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Didn't even make it to 2 years. Material separating and of all things water stains. They fade real fast.
They do fit well and the seams are holding, They looked awesome when new.
I wish I had just kept the money and saved a bit more to buy something better.
I will add that Quadratec was great with replacing the first cover that started coming apart but the replacements were not any better so I did not bother contacting them again and now putting aside money to get something better.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
we have them on all 3 of our work trucks. 2500HD, F250, F150. Vehicles are probably driven 3-4 times a day. They are all worn/torn on the drivers side. Maybe 6 months old.

Plus they smell terrible!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have the neoprene covers on my rig. These covers are easy to clean, though the surface has a tendency to get hot during summer days.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Mine took forever to show up. When they finally showed up they were covered in hair and had the previous owners packing slip in the very beat up box. So they were returned never inspected and forwarded on to me. I returned them myself and had them exchanged for a new set. They never fit quite right in the front and so it allowed movement. Which allowed the tiny straps to break. I cannot emphasize enough stay away from these seat covers. Save your money get some good quality covers. I completely feel like I wasted my money on these. I can only assume the lady who returned them before me realized they didn't fit well right off the bat and returned them. I was so irritated by the situation I didn't want to have to make a return a second time. I should have.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I've had a good experience with mine. Did the Quadratec deal- buy the fronts get free backs. They fit perfectly and protect the seats well. For $189 I think it's a pretty good deal. My buddy spent $700 on his and they are nice but they're seat covers! I'm just using them for the summer myself and will take them off when my hardtop goes back on.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Don't waste your time getting these save up and go trek armor. Mine have faded bad, stitching is coming apart, cushion is falling apart. Get the trek armor ones. :))

·
Registered
132 Posts
Don't waste your time and money. The seams are really weak, they are separating and rip. I have water stains on mine and they don't fit well either.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences w/Coverking.
Sounds like I should save my money & wait on the Trek Armor's.
I'd buy them now but funds have been going towards other mods.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll give a different opinion....

Mine are only 2 months old, but no signs yet. For $180 front and rear I'm very pleased with them. I can't justify TA kinda money for seat covers. That's money that could go towards lift/tires/winch/bumpers/etc... stuff that has practical use. I love the way TA look but to me that just seems ridiculous. Ofcourse, I'm a tightwad and really didnt even want to spend $180 for mine.

If you know you're going to get TA's next year, I'd get some black on black or black on gray coverkings to hold you over. if they fade it wont look as bad and you could probably sale them on craigslist. Mine are red, so when/if they fade it'll be an uneven pink and could be tougher to sale. But for now, I think they look badass on my anvil willys.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have had mine for a few months. I have gray & black. They fit well and are very easy to clean. I have a boxer so mine get covered in dog drool and dog hair. I have a can of target brand interior car wipes and just wipe of the dog drool marks and use an adhesive roller to remove the dog hair.

My big complaint is that they are really hot. I am in Texas and when it is 90+ degrees outside anywhere you are touching the seat is going to be hot and sweaty.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've had mine for a year and a half. Still look new. Only part that is showing some wear is the driver side where you rub getting into the jeep. They fit like a golf glove.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you know you're going to get TA's next year, I'd get some black on black or black on gray coverkings to hold you over.
That's a good idea, black/black or black/gray. I guess the black doesn't fade as much?

BTW: Your Anvil/Red/Black makes for a sharp combo!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My red and black ones started to fade after about 3 months running topless/door less in the summer time. Just wait and save up for the TA ones. I am going to get TAs soon and will be throwing these away. Not even worth trying to sell them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was originally considering the CoverKings, but after reading these (and many other) poor reviews, I've decided to go with Okoles or Katzkins.

Concerned about the swamp butt problems with neoprene though... so I'm leaning toward leather.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't waste your time and money. The seams are really weak, they are separating and rip. I have water stains on mine and they don't fit well either.
Ditto. Mine are faded so badly that the front and rear now look like two completely different covers. I had a friend recommend them to me, but now I realize that he NEVER takes his top off and does not have any kids riding in the back seat. Makes a big difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts