Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son gave me a nearly full can of Plexus (Spray).

I have use a little of it on things like face shields etc.
I was curious if it safe to use on the headlights on my Jeep.

Anyone know for certain?

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
22,039 Posts
yes, plexus is great stuff. I have used plexus for years and wish it was not so expensive. Some say it is essentially the same thing as pledge minus the lemon smell. I know it works well.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I don't think it would hurt your headlights. But I don't really think it will help them either. The hard plastic of your headlight covers isn't porous and it's too hard to actually absorb the Plexus.

Plexus is designed for use on isinglass, better known as the soft plastic windows you have on soft top Jeeps and boat canvas. It helps repel dirt, dust, and water stains as well as providing limited UV protection. Limited because most of it washes off after rain or a run through the car wash.

BTW... The difference between Pledge and Plexus (minus the fragrance), is that Pledge is designed for Indoor use and as such, has no additives for UV protection. Using it on your Jeep or Boat windows will repel dust and dirt, but it will also actually cause faster UV damage, yellowing, etc...

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Plexus was made specifically for that ---- safe. A zillion years ago I used to have to go to executive airports to buy it or get it from pilot supply mail-order stores. It was designed for aircraft plastics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts