Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 JK with 35" tires. I'm looking to get a programmer, what's the best out there?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes, welcome to the forum.

Not knowing how deep your pocket book is I would suggest the OBD Jscan app. Load it, look at the suggested plug in part on the app and get 1 of those for usually under $15 off Amazon and then for $20 or so purchase a license and you're good to go.

Visit this site for more info - JScan ? OBD JScan ? Mobile Jeep Diagnostic Tool

Easy and cheap

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 JK with 35" tires. I'm looking to get a programmer, what's the best out there?
If you just want to change tire size and some other simple convenience items then I would get an AEV ProCal. Lots of people on Wrangler Forum have them and don't need them anymore so they sell them pretty cheap. Just make sure they "un-marry" the ProCal from their Jeep first. I wouldn't buy one new given the mass of them out there.

When I put a supercharger on my 3.6L Pentastar I used a DiabloSport tuner. It was the worst experience I've had with my Jeep. To modify or "tune" a JK successfully you need access to the Engine Control Unit and Transmission Control Unit (ECU & PCU). They are both in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). To my knowledge (limited, I admit) no one has yet accessed the TCU so engine tune modifications can't be optomized through transmission adjustments. It's a nightmare. Ultimately I pulled the 3.6L out and put in a V8 which came with a PCU specific for the motor.

If you want to adjust AFR or "tune" it to run only on 93 octane fuel and squeeze a few more horses out of it I would say don't. It's not that "tunable" and the results aren't that great. Again, that's just my opinion. If you are truly interested in performance tuning, however, I would look in the Challenger/Charger forums.

All the best.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Don't know where your standing is with your warranty, but it is worth mentioning a tuner with an unlocked ecm will void your drive train warranty.

(Just the basic tuner to change tire size and other base adjustments is okay)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts