Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PO painted over some frame rust, nothing that is weak enough to push through yet, but it's beginning to bubble. I want to wash the inside of my frame out and then use Eastwood Internal Frame coating and also do Rust Bullet on the outside, but I'm not sure what the best way to get the existing rust out would be. Should I just drill some holes in the bottom?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
PO painted over some frame rust, nothing that is weak enough to push through yet, but it's beginning to bubble. I want to wash the inside of my frame out and then use Eastwood Internal Frame coating and also do Rust Bullet on the outside, but I'm not sure what the best way to get the existing rust out would be. Should I just drill some holes in the bottom?
Powerdrill and wirebrush attachment. A good days work depending on how bad it is. I did mine earlier this year and prolly do again before fall to touch it up. Not using eastwood but a good coating of rust paint for sure. As for inside, I heard some people shoot paint up and thru holes like you said. Maybe use a compressor??

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
You can use a rifle bore-cleaning wire brush to snake inside the frame to clean any loose rust then attach some flexible rubber tubing to the end of your shop vac to vacuum out the inside of the frame. Wire wheel the outside to knock off any loose rust. Then coat the inside and outside of the frame using the products you mentioned.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never thought of the bore kit, that's a pretty good idea. You think the kit's brush is tough enough to take off the rust?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
sure, I used it on my frame and was able to snake the brush into some tight spots and loosen up the small amount of surface rust that I had inside of my frame. Of course, I will not be using that brush on my rifle again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts