Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the OME stage 1 lift and 31's this weekend. I really enjoyed working on the Jeep and want to do more. This is the only thing that's been added so far. What are the next steps to make the Jeep more capable offroad?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
If you got the stock bumpers on.... take'm off! Get something a little stronger just incase you decide to bash some rocks. Or go with some rocker gaurds. Its really up to you on how you wanna build it.... the list is endless!

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
You got that jeep thang.

Tell him what happens now, skeeter!

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
My pockets are empty.. i give every check to my bank to pay off my jeep loan :eek:
Depends where you want to go next:
rocks.. get some bumpers
mud.. get some recovery straps/ropes - or winch
etc..

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Depends on what capabilities you want out of your jeep. I personally would go for recovery gear next. Just my personal preference of course.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumpers are definitely on the list. I'll have to wait to get my refund before I can think about the winch. I'm a female with an addictive personality and am not surprised that I got the Jeep thang. I did the same thing with scuba diving, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, etc. I think the Jeep thang will be my most expensive additction although scuba diving was quite costly.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've been eyeballing Black Mountain Winches. From what I've seen they stand up very well to some pretty abusive stuff. They also are a bit easier on the wallet. Just dropping some info for ya to save some shopping time.:D

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor!

But, that's just my .02. :)

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
I installed the OME stage 1 lift and 31's this weekend. I really enjoyed working on the Jeep and want to do more. This is the only thing that's been added so far. What are the next steps to make the Jeep more capable offroad?

The next step would be for you get a lot of seat time off-road and see what the jeep will do. Then from there you can plan your next upgrade. Do you belong to an off-road club? If not look into joining one.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor! Armor!

But, that's just my .02. :)
Armor x3

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Armor - Can you list stuff in order of importance?

Clubs - I don't belong to one and would like to. Any recommendations for the MA/CT/RI area?

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Let’s start with the lowest part of the vehicle:

Differential skid plates or heavy differential covers
Steering box skid plate
Upgrade your tie-rod
Belly-up skid plate
Oil pan skid plate
Engine skid plate
Gas tank skid plate
Rock sliders
Bumpers
Tube fenders and crusher corners/flares

I’m sure I missed something but I know someone will jump in and add to it. :D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Armor:

Underside:
Oil pan/engine
Steering box
Gas tank
Differential skids
control arm skids

Body:
Rocker sliders/tube/steps (A to Z, Shrockworks, Toys by Troy, etc)
corner armor
tube fenders
bumpers

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Armor:

Underside:
Oil pan/engine
Steering box
Gas tank
Differential skids
control arm skids

Body:
Rocker sliders/tube/steps (A to Z, Shrockworks, Toys by Troy, etc)
corner armor
tube fenders
bumpers
I beat you to it. :flipoff: Although your response looks more professional. :eek: :D

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I woulda beat ya if I didn't have to take a phone call when I was posting. :p :rolleyes: ;) :flipoff:

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Here are a few pictures, showing some mods. Even personalizing your rig, with stickers. If you think you have an addictive personality, the list is endless.........:D Just to give you some visual upgrades. Note: minimum of 4" suspension lift. Welded on rock rings, to protect your rims, etc, etc, etc...... have a look.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts