Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody confirm that there is only one bombshell cover and not a difference between front/back for Dana 44 covers?

When filling the front to spec I noticed the level was quite below the fill hole.
Then I took a look at the stock covers and noticed that the fill holes are quite different in order to match the required fill levels.

If there is indeed only one cover, they shouldn't write bs like this in their instructions:

"Fill Hole at Stock Level Previous versions of the Bombshell Diff Cover had the fill hole located higher on the cover to allow for intentional over-filling at the owner's discretion, or to accomodate for rotated axle housings. This resulted in confusion over the proper amount of fluid to use. With this version of the Bombshell Diff Cover, the fill hole has been moved to the level of the fill hole on stock covers so that it may act as the fill level indicator. No more research or measuring simply fill the gear case to the level of the fill hole regardless of locker/carrier."

Wonder how many overfilled front diffs are driving around if there is indeed only one cover.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pretty messed up. All over their website they highlight the benefit of the fill hole being at the correct position so you don't need to worry about correct fill level, but then in the actual installation instructions there is a warning to not count on the position of the fill hole. Bait and switch. I am not worried about overfilling it, but I know the dealership will F it up.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts