Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run these by themselves? I don’t delve heavily into the rock crawling realm, but I drop down on a rock here and there.

I took my sliders off, and I am considering the PS Alum. body armor without the rocker knockers or brawlers or whatever.

I like the idea of the light-weight aluminum.

My concerns are, it doesn’t appear to protect the pinch seam. This is fine I guess assuming I can just keep pounding it back in place and bed-lining it to keep rust at bay when need be.

Will these give me any discernible level of protection, or should I stick to bed-lining the bottom off the jeep under the doors and just take my rock hits in stride?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Seems you've decided you don't want sliders, but I'd just run some basic light weight ones like Rubi rails if I were you, to protect against the occasional rock contact you mention. They are not heavy at all, unless you're building a track Jeep you aren't going to notice the weight. And should be able to buy dirt cheap take offs.

·
Premium Member
8,362 Posts
If you read there own description if you are not going to run some type of rocker protection steel is preferred. That's telling me that you will damage the tub as well as the pinch seem if you come down hard. I am running steel brawlers and have come down very hard on they just shrug it off. If I did not have protection I would not of been able to open the door.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would prefer minimal “stuff” and a sleeker appearance, but if I have to, I guess I’ll look at rocker knockers and brawlers

·
Registered
368 Posts
Leaning towards the body-mounted.
If you go body mounted then the tub has to take the hit, JK and JL body tubs are not as thick as CJ/YJ/TJ tubs...frame mounted is the way to go if you don't want to do body work

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,362 Posts
If you go body mounted then the tub has to take the hit, JK and JL body tubs are not as thick as CJ/YJ/TJ tubs...frame mounted is the way to go if you don't want to do body work

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Not sure I agree with that. Then again Brawlers attach to the body and the body mount points. Not frame mounted per-say but I have took some pretty hard hits and they are holding up just fine.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Again..... not heavy rock crawling, but if I take a hit or two, I would like to have some added protection.

I appreciate the recommendations. Leaning towards Rocker Knockers body mounted. Brawlers don’t seem like my cup of tea

I’m a little puzzled as to why the rocker knockers aren’t offered in Aluminum. I would sacrifice some protection for weight and rust-prevention, but I suppose I can do a lot of prep work and make the Steel work for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts