Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a step by step install of how to install a Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper (same for 2 door and 4 door) 2007-2011.

I advise doing the install before painting the bumper. But because i was pressed for time, i painted before i installed.

Step 1: Lay the bumper out on a raised surface and begin the sanding and degreasing process. I used steel wool.

Step 2: Prime and First Layer of bedliner

Step 3: More layers (i did 3 layers of bedliner)

Step 4: Remove the stock front bumper and light wires.
Step 5: Cut a straight vertical line down the tubing 2" from the start of the crash bar.
Step 6: Once removed, begin cutting the crash bar off. and grinding all cuts smooth.

Step 6: Slide on the bumper to make sure it fits. Once on, mark the holes for the bolts (2 on upper left, 2 on upper right, 2 on bottom left, 2 on bottom right) Then pull off the bumper and drill those holes. *Make sure the upper and lower holes line up*

Step 6: again, put on the bumper. Grab the 4 supplied bolts and slide them into the 8 drilled holes. be sure to put 1 washer on each side. Then tighten on the nuts on the bottom.

Step 7: if you have fog light wiring, i ziptied them up to the bottom of the bumper, so its not hanging.
Finished Product:

Be sure to check again in a few days that the bolts are tight holding the bumper on.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Really no replies? Very nice write up and pics man. I plan on getting the BFH with brawler bar for my 2012 very soon. This helps a lot.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Very cool looking and a great write up. The only thing i didnt see in the write up was to make sure that you paint the exposed frame rails and places you drilled to protect from early rusting.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Just found this thread. Great write up and exactly the info I was looking for. I recently bought front & rear PS Mid Rock Brawler & was planning on "painting" them myself to save money. Are you happy with the Rust-Oleum bed liner? That is what I planned on using based off of other people's input for spray can bed liner. Thanks again.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Really considering these. I think they look awesome but unsure about the cutting of the frame. Trying to do really minimal bumpers. Anyone have anymore input or more photos on these?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just did this same exact install yesterday lol.
Forgot to mention though that you need to paint where you cut/grinded to prevent rust.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
What other front bumpers out there provide additional approach angle through cutting down the frame like this? I know tntcustoms has one. I have the jcr rear dagger which was a chop down, but their front isnt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know I'm reviving an old thread ... Wanted to thank Ludski for the post!

Did you use the fog wiring to power the Hellas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts