Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I mentioned earlier I got a good deal on a PSC Rockbrawler bumper with the tire carrier. Previous owner had recently stripped it down to bare metal and redid the whole thing in bed liner. Really like the look and durability and how well it was made. I also got the led for the reverse light cutouts and the led license plate light/3rd brake light relocation kit to put in the spare tire on the tire carrier. I found the installation directions online and read them over before I did my install. As of now I'm running stock oem rubicon rums and tires. I was looking at the tire carrier itself where the tire mounts to it and noticed that it was too large for the center hole in the oem rubicon wheel. I have an email into PSC to see if this is correct. Is anyone running this bumper/tire carrier combo with oem wheels. Can it be done? If not looks like I'm gonna be selling this bumper/tire combo to someone who can use it. I don't have the money to invest in a new set of rim just so I can use this bumper/tire combo.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did think about that but it is actually such a think piece of square tubing they used I don't think I would be able to grind that much off to get it to work with the oem wheels. I will recheck the adapter to see how much it is over by.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
might be a little bit of a hassle cause the wheel studs are pressed into the carrier already but with tungsten carbide dremel i may be able to get close enough

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I went and looked and grinding the tire holder section might work to get it through the tire hole. But then it won't fit the license plate holder over it. So the wheels are turning and I thought about cutting the piece off and using a different license plate relocation kit, but the psc tire carrier has the studs on the left and right side and all relocation kits I see use the studs when they are in the top. Unless I have access to a drill press I can drill new holes on opposite side of the square tubes to turn the studs up and down. Seems like it will be a lot of work to get it to fit/work with my rim/tire combo. Might be easier to sell it and get a bumper/tire combo that will work with you rims/tires. Hmmmmmm what to do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ok I went and looked and grinding the tire holder section might work to get it through the tire hole. But then it won't fit the license plate holder over it. So the wheels are turning and I thought about cutting the piece off and using a different license plate relocation kit, but the psc tire carrier has the studs on the left and right side and all relocation kits I see use the studs when they are in the top. Unless I have access to a drill press I can drill new holes on opposite side of the square tubes to turn the studs up and down. Seems like it will be a lot of work to get it to fit/work with my rim/tire combo. Might be easier to sell it and get a bumper/tire combo that will work with you rims/tires. Hmmmmmm what to do.
Where ya located at? I Might be a buyer...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm located on Long Island

1 - 7 of 7 Posts