Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an instal guide and review from the fellow jeepers out there. Does this hood let In water/mud to the engine compartment? What is the level of difficulty to the instal, I know you have to cut the hood, but as far as attaching it, and how perfect the hole has to be, how is that? Over-all review, is it worth it?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Just to sum up my expereince installing one a couple weeks ago.

1) Water and mud come in plenty from under the vehicle. The engine bay was never water proof

2) Difficulty is very easy, even by your self. I was able to remove the hood by myself, although a friend would have made that one task easier.

3) There is a template to follow for where to cut the big pieces out. Use the hood bumps and footman loop to help lineup the louver. Then drill and install a bolt into each corner. They recommend anti-seize compounds as you will take everything off to paint expose metal from cutting/drilling. With all 4 corners bolted down, just drill out the rest, no big issues.

My opinions on the product:
Not only is it a relatively cheap upgrade that also has it's benefits, but it also looks bad ass. At idle, you can feel A LOT of air moving through the engine bay. Definitely good for slow crawling in summer.

Worth it? Yes.

And I liked it so much, got one for the civic:

Okay, the last one was just for fun :)

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts
I've had mine a little over a year. I like it. No problems in snow or rain. Engine operating temps have not seemed to change, but you can really see and feel the heat escaping out the vents.
Easy install. My template came with sticky backing. Don't stick it on, use masking tape instead.
$134 for the bare aluminum. Pretty inexpensive modification.

·
Registered
33,456 Posts
Looking for an instal guide and review from the fellow jeepers out there. Does this hood let In water/mud to the engine compartment? What is the level of difficulty to the instal, I know you have to cut the hood, but as far as attaching it, and how perfect the hole has to be, how is that? Over-all review, is it worth it?
Water coming through won't hurt. I've had mine for 3 years now with no issues from water.

:puke:what is the point of this?
Helps prevent heat soak.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Had mine about a year now.
Got the powder coated one.
Cutting big holes in hood a little scary but like the finished product .
I used a right angle grinder with cut off wheel.
It does pull a lot of heat out from under the hood.
Make sure you order the right one either 1 or 2 washer sprayer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one. I live in northeast ohio. We get a lot of snow and ice and rain. Thats the only thing thats kept me from getting one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts