Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran into a problem when I tried to test fit my PS RockBrawler rear bumper with a quadratec tow hitch tonight.

Looks like the cut out for the hitch on the bumper needs to be trimmed a couple millimeters on the top and left (to fit the plate for the wiring harness) to properly install the hitch.

Has anyone else run into this problem? What's the best way to trim it? The bumper is pretty thick and will probably be a pain in the butt to grind down.

Thanks!

Picture of how it's supposed to look installed:

·
Registered
744 Posts
It depends on how much material you need to remove. If its just 1/8 or less, a flap wheel or grinder should do it. If you need to take more, cutting a slice with a pneumatic cut-off wheel might be best, then smooth it with the sander or flap wheel. The bumper was designed to fit with the stock hitch, and I'm not familiar with the Quadratec product so you'll just need to take a look at it and figure out the best way to make it fit.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I called you guys yesterday and spoke to someone about this.

I guess the Quadratec hitches are a little beefier than the OEMs. I ended up filing down the 10" area (below the logo) on the bottom of the bumper and the wiring harness plate on the hitch.

I'm going to see if everything fits this afternoon. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts