Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the poison spyder rock brawler rear bumper with tire carrier for my jk. I have tried many different things, but cant seem to stop the latch from rattling. There is a small gap between the latch and the latch bumper. This results in the carrier moving and rattling. I have the latch assembly as tight as possible, I even have to give it a good kick to close it, but the gap is still there. I have tried gluing strong rubber to fill the gap, but eventually it rubs off from the movement. Has anyone had this issue and have some suggestions on how to solve it? I love the bumper and would like to keep it on, but the rattle is driving me insane especially with the top off.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have probably the same rattle that occurrs only on washboard type roads. I have tightened the carrier to tailgate buckle and that helped, but I am leaning toward the actual tailgate rattling on its latch. The thing is too heavy to really duplicate the problem while not driving, so I have not confirmed this.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is this the one that secures itself to the bumper with the latch, requiring you to open it and then the swing gate or are you referring to the one that pivots on the bumper, attaches directly to the swing gate and opens with the swing gate in one motion?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the one that closes separate from the tailgate and latches to the bumper. Where you have to open both.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a pic, you can see where it latches to the bumper on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Ok, I have the second version and there is a rattle over washboard roads. It is coming from the tailgate area, with strong indication it is the tailgate door latch.
Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts