Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I thought I knew what my plans were... I want to upgrade my front and rear speakers. The consensus here seems to be running the Polk db651s. However, I was talking with a guy at Crutchfield and he recommended going with the Kicker DSC65 instead. He claims they will be more clear and produce more bass running on the power from the radio. I do not want to add any amp to my car. Has anyone had any experience with these speakers or can backup his claims? I searched the forums but didnt find anything on these speakers.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't know personally, but I was also looking into the same Polks for my front speakers and tweeters. I may pull the trigger on one soon and report back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to go with the Polks too until he brought up those kickers. Clarity is my main concern. Not too worried about the bass. Everyone here seems happy with Polk. Maybe that is the route to go.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was going to go with the Polks too until he brought up those kickers. Clarity is my main concern. Not too worried about the bass. Everyone here seems happy with Polk. Maybe that is the route to go.

Yeah, you can't go wrong with Polk's. I've never used Kicker's myself, but I've used Polk for both home audio and car audio and they're always great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts