Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Poly Performance Roll Cage and an sPOD installed in their 1997 TJ?

I would like to indtall the Poly Performance add-on but I am unsure if there is enough clearance for the sPOD and the sun visors in front of the header bar. The sPOD pops the visor out farther than stock from the windshield.

The reason I ask is that I found this on the sPOD website "Will the sPOD fit with an aftermarket roll cage installed? 
The sPOD fits most aftermarket roll cages that allow the sun visors to fold up. 1997 - 2002 Jeeps equipped with a Rock Hard 4x4 sports cage will Not fit sun visor brackets. "

I have my fingers crossed that the geometry is a bit different with the Poly Comp solution.

I have contacted the folks at SPOD who pointed me towards Poly - Poly did not return my email and they don't seem to pick up their phone when I call. They are always "experiencing unusually high call volume"...

Hopefully, someone is running this configuration already and can give me a little insight. If not, maybe your experiences with another solution?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI for anyone that might be contemplating this in the future... I did it and yes it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts