Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so today i wanted to polyfil the sound bar and sub woofer of my JK, but unfortunately i have not been able to find it for the life of me! Home depot didn't have it, auto zone didn't have it, hell, Bed Bath and Beyond didn't have pillow stuffer. Can anyone give me a link or a name brand or something for polyfil? i Hear dynamat but i was only able to find sound deadener online. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Alright, so today i wanted to polyfil the sound bar and sub woofer of my JK, but unfortunately i have not been able to find it for the life of me! Home depot didn't have it, auto zone didn't have it, hell, Bed Bath and Beyond didn't have pillow stuffer. Can anyone give me a link or a name brand or something for polyfil? i Hear dynamat but i was only able to find sound deadener online. Any help is appreciated!
at the club meeting we used $2 polyfil pillows...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Target. Polyfil is used mostly for pillow stuffing, grab a few old pillows :)

I grabbed a 16oz bag, actually called premium polyester fiberfill made by Fairfield.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I did a little test of my own last night to see how a small bunch of polyfill would burn if some contacted the wires for my speakers and the polyfill caught the flame and burnt in 5mph winds in my backyard. Not making me feel too good about having 2 pillows full in my car :hide:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
allblackedout said:
I did a little test of my own last night to see how a small bunch of polyfill would burn if some contacted the wires for my speakers and the polyfill caught the flame and burnt in 5mph winds in my backyard. Not making me feel too good about having 2 pillows full in my car :hide:
There would have to be a short to ground to cause a spark to ignite the stuff, then still think there is not enough voltage or amps to strt a fire

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Hobby Lobby, Michael's, JoAnn Fabric.....or an old, cheap pillow or stuffed toy.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
It never did anything to help mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts