Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see this mentioned a number of times. This kinda scares me, but you all make it sound so simple. Is it really that easy? And where do you get the polyfill? Aren't you concerned about heat? I'm fully aware that may be a dumb question, but I have no idea how this works. Thanks for the inputs!

Supposed to be nice in Ohio this weekend....thinking about going topless.....

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Read the thread, it's all in there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Did the search for the thread....couldn't find it. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I saw the post

I followed the video & filled my cabin with better sound & also insulated me from the the heat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I followed the video & filled my cabin with better sound & also insulated me from the the heat.
lol... now for the real question - How much HP did you gain?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm doing this tommorow..
I wonder if using a memory foam type pillow would make the sound even better? Or just a waste of 20$?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
You can even use the stuffing out of a cheap Walmart pillow...

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
You can even use the stuffing out of a cheap Walmart pillow...
Yeah, I got a couple of cheap pillow covers and a bag of polyfil from Walmart. Worked great for the front speakers in my TJ. Actually had to retune my amp, because my front speakers were too loud.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It really is simple to do. And Super cheap.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yup just like everyone else said, I went to a fabric store (JoAnne's Fabrics) and bought 2 huge bags of poly fill. (It wasn't quite enough) It took me roughly 30 min to do the sound bar and the sub-woofer. I can't say I can hear a huge difference, but there was a better low end bass response for sure.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I take it this is only after you change the speakers ?? I still have stock and they are deplorable the worst sound system in any vehicle I have ever owned. running topless it is useless almost are the polk speakers really the best ????

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I take it this is only after you change the speakers ?? I still have stock and they are deplorable the worst sound system in any vehicle I have ever owned. running topless it is useless almost are the polk speakers really the best ????
We have the Polk speakers in Mike's jeep and they really DO sound good. It's what I'd like to get in my jeep when we replace the sound system. :thumb:

TONS of people poly fill for the stock speakers. No, it doesn't magically change them into Bose quality. But it does help them out, a LOT! And it's a super cheap mod. It can't hurt at this point, right? :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
This sounds super easy, and I really want to do it! Unfortunately, my wife is the paranoid type. If you stuff the sound bar to full close to the dome light, is there a risk of fire? I may be crazy on this one, but she said I can do it if I get the approval of the forum members. :)

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
This sounds super easy, and I really want to do it! Unfortunately, my wife is the paranoid type. If you stuff the sound bar to full close to the dome light, is there a risk of fire? I may be crazy on this one, but she said I can do it if I get the approval of the forum members. :)
I've been here a little bit longer than you have and I have yet to hear of anyone having any electrical issues from stuffing the sound bar.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Did it! And it sounds awesome. I wouldn't say it is an amazing system, but it did give the whole system more balance, med, and bass. I think I should have put more in my sub woofer.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I did this today and packed it pretty full on the sound bar and the sub woofer and I think there is a little difference so worth the time.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I bought a pillow today from the dollar store. Took out the Polly fill and stuffed my sound bar. There is a noticeable difference. So I see y'all are doing the sub woofer in the rear as well . So I will try that as well.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts