Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1994 4 cylinder Wrangler X is acting strange. Can't get past 20mph when floored in 2nd gear and can't get past 30 mph while in 3rd gear. Also cannot make it up any kind of hill in 2nd gear. Any suggestions other than a tune up??

·
WF Graphics Bitch
544 Posts
What RPMs are you shifting at? Is the engine running ok? Does the engine continue revving higher while the Jeep still does the same speed (slipping clutch condition)?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Try running some Berryman's fuel treatment through your gas. Sounds like clogged injectors. Depending on your mileage, you may need to change spark plugs as well. Another possibility, clogged fuel filter. Those would be the area's I would check first.

·
Registered
488 Posts
It sounds alot like a clogged catalytic converter to me.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Sounds a lot like a clogged converter. Had it happen in 81 with a Pinto. Towed into a dealership finally. They didn't have a replacement. Guy had the biggest bar I'd ever seen and beat the guts out of the coverter. Sent me home with and empty can. Converter replaced by the local dealer at home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts