Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There

I have a set of Rancho 9000XL shocks on my jeep. Initially, I was pretty happy with them. Adjusters seemed to work well, shocks held up to normal/rough freeway usage (and high speed bumpy gravel roads). I'm running stock suspension w/ Sumosprings bumpstops.

New or with up to ~20k, I'd run 5/5 on the adjusters, then dial them up to 6/7 while towing/loaded heavy - and 3/3, 4/3, or 3/4 while empty/partially loaded.

Lately, I feel like I am getting shock fade and the adjusters can be really difficult to adjust. I think there is around 30k miles on the set. Pretty sure the shocks are done. The rebound control is terrible - its too much. The shock is either harsh or mush. This is similar to the behavior I had on a set of RS5000s on my suburban - after 30k miles, the shocks would experience higher fade and the valves felt 'stuck'.

Most of the mileage on my jeep is at/near/above GVWR - while I don't consider this to be 'heavy', the 07 JKU only has ~900# of cargo, incl passenger capacity. (jeep is mostly stock - no lift, bumpers etc...)

Purchased from 4wheelparts - called and spoke to their CS, but they want me to send them the shocks for eval, charge my CC for 4 new shocks...After the factory has had a chance to play with them for 4-6 weeks then, ONLY THEN I MIGHT receive a credit. This seemed pretty unreal to me since my experiences at Sears with Ranchos was very different...

Can you help me out?

·
Vendor
2,910 Posts
So most of the time when doing warranty it is up to the retailer how to address it. You can reach out to our Tech Line and they MIGHT/Should be able to assist you. That number is 734-384-7804. Thanks Matt
Also sorry I never got an e-mail letting me know someone posted in here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts