Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4.2L w/ a MC2150 and nutter bypass feels like its not getting enough gas when I try to accelerate. I switched out the fuel filter and checked the pressure from the fuel pump. It just recently started this so I am a bit lost. I think the carb may have fallen out of tune but it idles smooth as a prom queens thigh. Looking for any advice from the great YJ council.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
I ran a 2150 on my 4.2L for awhile, and it "fell" out of adjustment constantly. The MC2150 is a good carburetor, but it is tempermental when it comes to climate changes, altitudes, moisture, and the like.

I had the same problem that you are experiencing last fall when the weather changed in the fall, the cooler air caused it to have a starved for fuel feeling.

You can try advancing your timing a touch, and tuning the carb with a vacuum gauge, that seemed to be the best for me, but as soon as the weather changes again, so will the carb.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The weather in the SoCal area is starting get cooler, usually in the 40's in the morn and then 70's in the afternoon. Thanks for the help. I will try advancing the timing a bit and then tuning the carb a bit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Before this week it never had that problem. I took it to a carb guy in town because I could not get it to idle smooth when it was cold. Now it idles smooth but the hesitation is there. Tomorrow I am going to try the timing, its already set at 8 BTDC and see how it goes. If that doesnt work I am going to start doing some adjustments myself. I just dont want to get back to where the idle is rough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts