Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Wrangler Sport 6 cylinder. Where is the best place to start to increase MPG?

·
Knows a couple things...
48,840 Posts
What is your mpg? What size tires? What is your axle ratio, what speed do you drive on the highway, and what transmission do you have?

There are no engine modifications you can make to improve mpg.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything is stock. Automatic. Seem to be getting only around 10 mpg.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,840 Posts
Everything is stock. Automatic. Seem to be getting only around 10 mpg.
You answered just one question, the transmission type. If you want suggestions, you're going to have to provide all of the requested information. "Stock". means nothing since even the factory tire sizes varied. Your axle ratio is either 3.07 or 3.73, look at the tag located at the 9 o'clock position located on either or your axle differential covers. Your axle ratio will be embossed into the tag, which ratio do you have? The tag might also say 3.08 or 3.74 depending on which axle you look at.

Also, exactly how are you measuring your mpg? Are you going by your gas gauge or are you dividing the exact miles driven by the exact gallons consumed? The gauge is notoriously inaccurate and it will show significantly less fuel is in the tank than really exists which wil make you think your mileage is abysmal.

And depending on your answers, the might be a simple fix like a new NTK upstream O2 sensor.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Go to car seller and buy a hybrid POS best quickest way to increase gas mileage while sharing no info about your wrangler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Is this a recent decrease or has the milage always there? When was the last real tune up?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a 4" lift 33" tires, 4.56 axle gears, and I get about 10.5 to 11.5 mpg.

Do you have a roof rack, silly light bar, or other accessories to increase drag?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts