Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going to pull my carpet out this weekend and i started to pull the fender wells and lets just say i am very very disappointed in the paint underneath. i can see the greenish undercoating everywhere. anyone else have this problem? should i be after chrysler to fix this?:banghead:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I wAs extremely impressed with mine, all painted and clear coat on everything, even under the pads on rollbar and carpet.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill get pics this evening. but trust me this is my 2nd jk and the first one was perfect this one is horrible.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yea, I have a poor paint job as well :( So much for auto-mechanical machines doing the job than a human!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Most are like yours!
If you are talking about my fenders ....
I would not mind if they both looked the SAME.
They do not :banghead:
One side shows the MOLD line and the other does not.
Rob .....

·
Registered
64 Posts
My left front fender has the seam line with very little paint on the seam and the right front looks pretty good. However i do have a run in the paint on the back passenger door trailing edge. Probally take it to the dealer and see if they will work it out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Do you think the dealer will have that repainted? Have you ever given any thought to going roll on or sprayed on bedliner? I did my YJ and that stuff is tough, and waterproof.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^ That's 100% normal. Wranglers have come from the factory like that since 1987. If you intend to remove the carpet and lining that is designed to be there, then you assume responsibility to cover it up with something else. Paint it, put Rhino-lining in it, something...

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my 2011 was fine when i pulled the carpet and it was dark green i would have noticed missed paint. i did a spray in liner in my 2011 and i wont be doing that again. harder to clean up with the texture and its a pain in the ass to prep. ill just hit any thin spots with some black paint.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts