Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was applying my EB and there was a POP. Now my EB doesn't work and the handle pulls freely. The brake is not stuck on. How do I go about fixing it? Any help would be appreciated. I looked under and I could see that the cable runs inside. The rear part looks connected to the rear wheel. Thanks for the help.

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
My guess would be that the trouble is up on top above the floor board. Disassemble the console and check it out. The repair manual has all of the procedures for taking it apart. It is not an easy job but then again it is not like rebuilding the engine. As I recall, the transfer case knob comes off straight up and the console can be lifted up around the shifter lever without removing that knob. Screws near the base of the console secure it to the floor.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thank you for the input. Looks like I got some work to do this weekend.
New lever needed, $80 from the dealer. Follow the write posted above me and you'll only need half an hour. Easy peasy!

Edit: just saw that's not the write up, it's a video which may be just as good. If in doubt look for the write up on here; it's perfect with lots of direction and pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts