Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
There could be a few different things causing it. But I hate to just guess. Can you give us a little more info on your jeep. Like what rear axle, lift, tires, auto/manual etc...

·
Registered
29 Posts
get rid of that 35 and get ya a 8.8...

·
Administrator
12,635 Posts
97texasTJ said:
get rid of that 35 and get ya a 8.8...
Where did it state it was a dana 35? Anyway, Couple things simple things you can check:

Drive shaft ujoints
Rear emergancy brake: could be sticking
Watch the rear drive shaft as it turns, going slow, does there appear to be any binding or skipping when it turns. If so it could be something inside the diff. But as stated, give us some more info and we can try to help.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
my dads xj rear was popping only in reverse, and it ended up not having the limited slip attitive when he had someone change the diff fluid

·
Registered
85 Posts
similarly to what rawkon said...i had issues with clicking/creaking sounds from the rear axle in my '00 sport. it had the d35 w/tracloc and had no mods done except 31" tires. i would get a popping sound when transitioning from going in reverse to starting out in first. if i backed up, then backed up again - nothing. it was only when changing direction...and only that first time i started out. the dealer tried everything (was new still) and in the end deemed the tracloc to be the culprit. since they don't tear into warranty items they just shipped me in a new d35 and swapped it out. problem was gone. just my experience.
chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts