Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone...
just had my bb, bl & mml installed. and i can't wait to get the new sneakers on today(32 bfg, mt's). but i'm having a tough time keeping it in certain gears, as mentioned in the title. the shifter feels a lil soft going into those gears.
was something installed wrong? am i missing something?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
it shouldnt have to do iwht hte lift, the bl only has to do with the t case linkage, so it is something in ur tranny that went coincidently wiht the lift, as to what it i syour ognna hav eot wait on someone more knowledgable than me

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
Pull your shift boot off and check to see if the shifter is now hitting metal. If so, trim (or bend) the metal so that the shifter can fully engage the gear. Pretty common with body lifts in general, not especially with Jeeps, but it is known to happen.
Good luck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a 5 speed...
and i'm not sure if the shifter is coming into contact with the plastic ring around the gear box.
this may be a dumb question...
but where would i check?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you installed a body lift, you will need to either pull your shifter handle and bend it towards the dash, or others have loosened their console and just moved it back a little. Have you tried your transfer case shifter? If you did not install the drop bracket, you will find it does not operate properly also.

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
i didn't have to bend my shifter with my 2" bl.. i did however remove the stock rubber booth other wise it would squeak annoyingly and would be hard to get into gears .. to remove it you just shuv a screw driver between the booth and the console plastic and pull on the booth, the booth should pop out. To remove the booth completely you will have to remove the knob on the shifter and pull it up and off. I'm going to be buying a leather boot since its a lot softer and nicer.. Its on my list after the lift and tires and more junk :D.. the hole dont bother me anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts