Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '14 jku polar with stock alpine speakers/sub

I have been having this weird "popping" sound every time I get into my jeep right when I put the key in the ignition. It's like a high pitch pop that makes your ears ring.

Also, There seems to be a significant amount of lag with my head unit. Especially with Bluetooth pairing of my phone. It takes 3 tries before my car successfully connects to my phone (which was already setup as a paired device) and lags when I try to play music from my phone.

the head unit is just overall really slow with a lot of functions. Is anyone else having these issues? I'm just thinking maybe it's the unit itself. Jeep has offered to replace the unit but I'm wondering if it's not necessarily mine that's the problem just the model in general.

Model I believe is the 730n uconnect with DVD/cd/nav

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
The high pitch pop could potentially be an issue with the Alpine amp powering your system. It sounds like something is sending power to the amp, which in turn powers it up and causes the speakers to pop before the radio is fully on. You say it happens as soon as you put the key in the ignition. I'm assuming you mean before you even start it, correct?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The high pitch pop could potentially be an issue with the Alpine amp powering your system. It sounds like something is sending power to the amp, which in turn powers it up and causes the speakers to pop before the radio is fully on. You say it happens as soon as you put the key in the ignition. I'm assuming you mean before you even start it, correct?
Yes correct before it's even started it will "pop"
Which is so weird to me.
But sounds logical that that could be the issue. I read one other person having the same problem but couldn't find his thread again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts