Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to do the bumpers,frame,skids, axles etc.... Making sure I have a few things down in the right order.

Grind off paint ( for the already rusted bumpers), clean/degrease, por15 metal prep, por15, primer, and bedliner.

For parts that aren't rusted and just straight paint, do i still follow the above method? Assuming i dont grind off the paint.
Any thoughts, tips, suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
POR 15 is difficult to work with. If you didnt purchase it already you should check out fluid film. It creeps everywhere and only needs to be sprayed on twice a year. Best thing I've ever used to prevent rust.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive used fluid film and liked it. The paint is chipping on my bumpers and I need redo them and figure I hit everything else while I am at it and I want to do more than just bedline

·
Registered
187 Posts
Every time I've used POR 15, I grind off the loose rust or paint, clean it up and POR over it

Then I spray rust oleum Bedliner paint and I've never had to redo my bumpers or the under carriage

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
por15 is UV sensitive... you can't just use that on your bumpers you need to paint over it
Yeah, my original post states that. I guess im asking the difference between por15ing a rusted part vs. non rusted parts and if the steps/process are the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts