Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Told there might be a trail on or near this road. Anyone know? Someone posted in the tech forum, which got me interested, cause its not far from me, but the thread kinda died cause, well, it's in the tech threads. Hoping maybe someone here knows it and can let us know what to expect. Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Porter road is an unimproved road in Ellington that leads to the soapstone mountain fire roads. Nice ride, I can do most of it in a stock 08 Rubicon. I think some of us are heading there today.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How was it? Any pics?

·
Registered
161 Posts
We had a good time, 2 hours on the trails. A lot of rocks and a little mud.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I really gotta get that lift installed an a new bumper so I can install the winch...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I went on Friday. Great ride, fun obstacles.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, take Kibbe to Porter then straight up Porter you will see the unimproved road sign.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Any video?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any video?
lol, I see the GoPro too, but didn't wanna bug him. i know it take me months before I even download it into the computer after I use them, lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have an hour and a half from that day following Mave and leading. It us a littke too long to upload.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just found out the wife is working most of the day Sunday, and asked my 13 y/o daughter if she wanted to finally get the Jeep off road. Big smile, lol.
I just wanna make sure I'll be ok there with a stock '06 LJ Rubi on stock 31's. Supposed to be nothing but sun from now till then, so no additional water/mud. And if any wants to meetup, I'm more than open to it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Dave I will put a link on my fb page
sweet! I'm busy this weekend but if anyone is going Monday (holiday) let me know. I need to get out there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sweet! I'm busy this weekend but if anyone is going Monday (holiday) let me know. I need to get out there.
Thats what I meant, was Monday. 40% of rain at this point, but we all know how weather changes. So yes, I'm up for MONDAY. Wife was yapping in my ear while I was trying to concentrate on Jeep stuff. At least my kids get it!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thats what I meant, was Monday. 40% of rain at this point, but we all know how weather changes. So yes, I'm up for MONDAY. Wife was yapping in my ear while I was trying to concentrate on Jeep stuff. At least my kids get it!
I'm in for Monday - with or without wife 😄

1 - 20 of 38 Posts