Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for a 3 hour ride to Tallahassee on Monday and needed to replace my passenger rear shock before the sea sick trip of interstate bouncing. Got 2 new rear shocks to throw on today. I had read many stories about 1, 2 or all of the upper bolts snapping when taken off for the first time. Well...none of my snapped taking them out BUT one snapped putting it back in :facepalm:

I was in panic/frustration mode since I am leaving Monday and now I have a shock being held in my one bolt in the top. Found a great service place actually open late on a Saturday that was able to get the broken piece out in under 5 min., replaced the bolt and wasn't gonna charge me! I threw the guy 40 bucks just for saving me a pain in the arse come Monday morning.

Assuming most of you have dealt with the dreading broken bolt on here?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Actually broke all 4 of mine. I used a high speed cut off wheel that would just fit up the hole to cut if the welded on nuts and dropped new bolts down from the top with nuts on the bottom.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually broke all 4 of mine. I used a high speed cut off wheel that would just fit up the hole to cut if the welded on nuts and dropped new bolts down from the top with nuts on the bottom.
I am too pretty to get involved in stuff like that :whistling:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts