Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 4wd vacuum hoses took a crap, how good is the posi lock?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
It is good but $$$$. If installed and adjusted correctly no problems and probably takes an hour instruction come with and a new gasket. Witth the posi lock you don't have the front driveshaft spinning all the time. If you choose you can just lock the fork over for real cheap <$5. When you do that the front shaft will always spin and they were not balanced at the factory so you may experience some vibes and have to have it balanced. No real difference in street performance and may cost you 1 mpg in gas. All a matter of $$ and choice.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jokerchief462 said:
It is good but $$$$. If installed and adjusted correctly no problems and probably takes an hour instruction come with and a new gasket. Witth the posi lock you don't have the front driveshaft spinning all the time. If you choose you can just lock the fork over for real cheap <$5. When you do that the front shaft will always spin and they were not balanced at the factory so you may experience some vibes and have to have it balanced. No real difference in street performance and may cost you 1 mpg in gas. All a matter of $$ and choice.
Im kinda weird and want to make every thing perfect on my Jeep lol where did you buy yours? Quadratec has it for 150 and Morris for 180 I believe, im not sure of the difference

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I got mine from Quadratec for 150 and I am very happy with it. Had to put one on mine when the vacume lines went up in smoke! Took a little over an hour but it even tells you how to wire up the 4WD light in the dash. Comes with everything you will need except for a beer when your done!

Like joker said, you can do it almost for free but if you want the light then you need a new switch on the transfer case to turn it on and off. Look at the sticky posts and you will find a lot of very good info.

BTW the only difference between the 2 vendors is the price, that is as long as they are the same part number.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeff_in_rc said:
I got mine from Quadratec for 150 and I am very happy with it. Had to put one on mine when the vacume lines went up in smoke! Took a little over an hour but it even tells you how to wire up the 4WD light in the dash. Comes with everything you will need except for a beer when your done!

Like joker said, you can do it almost for free but if you want the light then you need a new switch on the transfer case to turn it on and off. Look at the sticky posts and you will find a lot of very good info.

BTW the only difference between the 2 vendors is the price, that is as long as they are the same part number.
I'm gonna order mine tomorrow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts