Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blower motor works in the following speeds on my 03 Wrangler: low, medium, and high. The only speed it does not work on is medium high. I am thinking I have another problem going on since the resistors are in series with one another. So could it be my resistor or something else? I replaced the resistor back in November. If I remember correctly low, and medium high would not work back at that time. I have read that blower motors get where they draw more current when they get older. I'm assuming worn brushes. Could this cause my new resistor to have gone bad? Could it be the speed switch? I also replaced it back in November as well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a similar issue with my late model TJ. Speeds 1,3,4 work, but 2 doesn't work at all. I can't say I've bothered to look into it yet though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Low and medium work through the resister. High is to the battery. Early TJ's has issues with the control switches melting, change the resister first and then pull the switch panel and check for melting,
Does medium high works through the resistor as well?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
My blower motor works in the following speeds on my 03 Wrangler: low, medium, and high. The only speed it does not work on is medium high. I am thinking I have another problem going on since the resistors are in series with one another. So could it be my resistor or something else? I replaced the resistor back in November. If I remember correctly low, and medium high would not work back at that time. I have read that blower motors get where they draw more current when they get older. I'm assuming worn brushes. Could this cause my new resistor to have gone bad? Could it be the speed switch? I also replaced it back in November as well.
Pull the 5 wire connector off the switch. Get a piece of jumper wire and ground the light blue wire in the connector (you will have to turn the ignition to on). If that fails to bring the blower motor on the medium high setting, the issue is in the resistor pack. If it does bring on the blower motor at the medium high setting, the issue is in the speed selector switch.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fixed it today after work today. It was my climate control unit. I bought a new one back in November so I traded it in for a new climate control unit. Now all speeds work. I'm concerned that the new one wore out in only three months.

·
Registered
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4.0L 5spd Money pit Green
395 Posts
I fixed it today after work today. It was my climate control unit. I bought a new one back in November so I traded it in for a new climate control unit. Now all speeds work. I'm concerned that the new one wore out in only three months.

Inquiring minds want to know ....... Where did you get the CCU from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts