Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts/Suggestions/Concerns

2014 2 door JK

AEV 2.5 lift with geometry correction

Wheels = either 17X9 which have back spacing of 5.47" or 16X8 which have back spacing of 4.72" want to avoid wheel rub and the need for spacers.

Need input on tires...will be on road a majority of time and am on the fence for 33 or 35. I like the look of the space between tire and fender...so most likely 33's. I like the Goodyear duratrac...any suggestions on these. Says the diameter for these is 32" on 255/75R17's...does this make?

See any issues with this?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok...think I figured out the tires and wheel size.

33X12.5X15

Will these rub or cause issues? I heard some things about 15's being so close to the calipers...thoughts? I don't want to run into last minute issues when installing.

Thanks!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have those same tires on my jeep with a TeraFlex 2.5" lift and Rancho 9000xl shocks. I actually ran them for about a month before I installed my lift.

Before the lift, the only time I had rubbing issues was at full hard turn in reverse. After the lift, I have no rub at all.

I'm not sure what the backspacing is, but my wheels are MBTKOs, if you want to look them up and see if it is the same as the wheels you are looking at.

Good luck! :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts