Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 TJ Rubicon, and yesterday as I was about to shift into reverse, when i stepped on the clutch it made a snap noise and went all the way down to the floor. The clutch still works absolutely fine but it goes all the way to the floor where before it had a noticeable stop without going all the way. I checked the master cylinder and there's plenty of fluid and no leaks.

I also checked the push rod under the dash and it looks just fine. I'm not too worried since it still works just fine and shifts normally I just want to know what exactly happened and what might have broke possibly in the master cylinder before there's an issue and I have no clutch.

Is this something to worry about? I looked around the forum and found nothing like what happened to me. I'm almost at the point that I'm going to remove the master cylinder and see if there's anything broken where the pushrod goes in or even replace it so it's back to normal.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Look under the dash again where the master cylinder push rod connects to the clutch pedal. There is a plastic caged bushing there that can break after years of use. Here's a picture of a new one.

If that is the problem, the dealer part number is: 254D Bushing Dealer Part # 4643448

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Is that the bushing that connects the pedal to the push rod? I read about that and that's still intact. Keep in mind the pedal still works fine and springs back into place it's just that it feels like something broke and is letting the pedal go much further than before. That leads me to believe something is definitely wrong but I cannot pin point it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts