Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I ordered a 2013 CG JKUR back on 8/9. Built 8/20 and unloaded at the rail yard on 9/25 in Wentzville, MO. It's been a solid week and Wentzville, MO is only 90 miles from my dealer. It seemed odd to take that long so I started pondering what would hold it up.

While driving out of town I noticed a lot of hail damage repair trucks around so I checked weather reports and sure enough Wentzville, MO (and portions of St. Louis) was hit with hail on 9/26, just one day after my poor Jeep was unloaded.

My guess is that I will be looking at a delay because they are trying to fix it before delivery.

What should I do? Do you think they will fix it and try to sell it to me as new and undamaged? Should I push for a discount or even not accept the Jeep? If it did have repairs does it screw up the integrity of the paint? Will I be looking at needing a paint job down the road?

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Are you sure your particular Jeep was even damaged? You may be worrying unnecessarily. But a quality hail damage repair doesn't affect the integrity of the paint.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They ship from rail based on logistics. If theres not enough going in a particular direction it sits there til there is. Same at the plant and same with the rail. A load is 7-8 going in same area no more than 30-40 miles apart on drops. It's what I do every day for work. I'm sure they're waiting til load is filled out to ship your Jeep.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, picked her up today. 10 days at the railyard once it was unloaded. No hail damage at all (that I can find anyway). It was worth the wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts