Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
The reflector part or the lense itself?

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
I know you are very seriously wanting "dark" LED headlights, like the J. W. Speaker, but it's not the reflectors that are dark, it's the sections holding the individual lenses and leds in place. If you paint the reflector black, then it's no longer a reflector.

In order to tell if you can get the cover off (which I doubt) you would have to remove the grill and take a good look at it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, but I'd think you could use bake them to remove the lenses. With that said, you definitely don't want to paint the reflector portion of the lights. As jgreen65 said, they would no longer be reflective, rendering the light relatively useless - IMO you'd be in the same boat as all of us with the stock halogen lights, or even worse (can that really be?!?!). If you can remove the lenses, I think that it would still look pretty cool to paint the non reflective portion of them black. They'd definitely have a unique look.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was referring to the silver part in the light I don't think that's the reflective part.
I would know not to paint the reflector area lol I hope anyway.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm about 99.99999% sure you cannot remove the lens. It's glued on. I wanted to mine so I could install some smaller pin-point LEDs to be used and hooked up as daytime runners. But, I cannot get the lens off. So, I'll have to work from the back side of them.
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts