Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas I have a question for you all. I installed the Hesco MPI conversion on my YJ several years ago, man it runs like a champ. I do have one question though, the year before last, I was driving down to LC to go wheeling with some friends of mine. The temp outside was in the mid to high 90's. Anyway about 10 miles past Soccoro, the jeeps started to sputter, I pulled over and it died. The temp gauge showed 210 which is normal for the 4.0. I let it rest a few min and started it up again, and off I went. Again about 10 min later, it did the samething. I tired to restart it and it would not. After about 20 of waiting i tried again and it started. I turned around and headed back home. Pulling back in to Burque, at the exit to go the junkyards, it did it the same. However I removed the gas cap and it gave out a big whoooosh. Since the MPI conversion uses an inline fuel pump, do you thing it was heat soak, or vapor locking? It seems that only long distance driving does it. I drive my jeep in 100 degree days around town and on the freeway with no issues. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Sounds like vapor lock. Any check engine lights on? If the above works time to replace the cap

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, thanks harley!! I need to post some pics of my jeep!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts