Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so im thinking about trading in my truck for a 10 rubi 2dr. my truck is a 2011 ram 1500 crew cab short bed fully loaded 8 in lift 37 in tires. what do u guys think? i rarely use the bed and the wife said i could get a manley orv trailer if i get the jeep. any guys go from trucks to jeeps here? regrets? thanks guys i appriciate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I went from an 08 f250 diesel lifted 6" on 37s and to tell the truth haven't regretted it yet. Also am now in a 10th anniversary. Love it. Only thing I miss is the power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply man its so hard for me to make a decision one minute im all set on the jeep the next im set on keeping the truck idk what to do. but i want to decide my tommrow because jeep has the no payments for 90 days running right now but it ends tomorrow

·
Registered
293 Posts
Had F-250/150(s) Tacoma, etc etc... I get board quick and always loved trucks. None held my interest more than a year even after sticking tons of $$ into them, lift/rims/etc..
Jeep going on 18 months and still keeps me happy...
I do have a small trailer for hauling stuff- but- watch towing limits and what you need to tow, Jeep is a blast, but my Jk I think can only tow(safely)2000lbs
That works for me. Also when I see stuff, gotta run home, hook it up rather than just toss it in the back...
So, my 2 cents worth?? If towing limits are not an issue, buy one and don't look back:punk:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Gave up my GMC 1500 Sierra for a wrangler. Just traded wangler in on 10 A last week. I don't miss the truck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I traded my 2011 F150 4X4 Platinum SCREW for a 2013 JKU RUBI and have no regrets. The Wrangler is just fun. It is an off-roading machine and it feels like it as soon as you enter the cockpit and put your foot on the peddle. I have tried to make my pick-up trucks in the past into off-roading machines and they just do not add up to what the Wrangler can do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used to have a 03 Tacoma. I loved that truck but my JK is way more fun to drive, and I don't need cargo room. On the rare occasion I need to haul something that won't fit in the jeep ill just rent a f150 from uhaul for $20 a day. Buy the jeep you won't regret it. I went from the 03 taco to a 02 cr-v and then a 97 TJ before I drove a friends new jku and knew I had to have my own. No regrets, except for not buying one sooner so I could have gotten crush dozer or gecko

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do it. I get more compliments on my 10A than any vehicle I've ever owned and I enjoy it much more. Trucks are for utility. Jeeps are for fun. If you have a haul a lot of stuff all the time, then you'll probably miss the truck.

·
Registered
590 Posts
hey guys so im thinking about trading in my truck for a 10 rubi 2dr. my truck is a 2011 ram 1500 crew cab short bed fully loaded 8 in lift 37 in tires. what do u guys think? i rarely use the bed and the wife said i could get a manley orv trailer if i get the jeep. any guys go from trucks to jeeps here? regrets? thanks guys i appriciate it.

Have you found a 10a that you like? There isn't one to be found in my area. If you find one, jump on it.

NC

·
Registered
752 Posts
Toss a coin and notice your sudden gut reation to the results. Works every time.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I only used my '04 F150's hauling capability maybe once a year at the end of my ownership of it and it was time for a new rig, so Jeep it was. :thumb:

Hauling stuff is what utility trailers are for.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i still cant make up my mind guys:( help!!!
Jesus, man- it's clear as day: buy it and drive it. Given the resale value of Wranglers, you wouldn't lose a ton if you decided to trade it in for a new truck.

That being said, I traded my F150 in for my Wrangler and have no regrets.

Unless you use the bed every month, it's time to start waving.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love my 10A......no regrets what so ever. but, I had to keep my truck.....at least until i figure out how to tow my 5er with the Jeep.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
How do you plan on using the vehicle first and foremost?

Have you considered a non 10A or even a non Rubi? (a little less $$$)
Have you considered a 4 door? (for a bit more cargo room and a higher towing capacity)?

Also...one word.....
OK...like 5 words.....

Harbor Freight folding utility trailer.

A pick-up to a 2 door 10A is a pretty big jump.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
a good big jump or a bad big jump lol
It can be both...

And it isn't even so much the 10A.

Pretty much going from any vehicle to a Wrangler...especially a 2 door..is a big jump.

A Jeep Wrangler has to be the least secure vehicle on earth....and you are looking at a RWD vehicle with a short wheelbase. It is....different...to say the least.

Having a Wrangler is awesome....but it isn't for everyone. A lot of people like the "image" of a Wrangler more than the Wrangler itself. Of course, the recent updates since 2011 has made the Wrangler much easier to live with for us non "hardcore" Wrangler owners.

You just have to be honest with youself. How do you plan on using it?

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts