Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably going to purchase this Wrangler on Monday. Just wondering if any of you would like to have a say at what you think. I am trading in an old F150 for $3500 (Push pull drag sale) and that would lower my price to $20,000.
I previously drove a 1992 Jeep Wrangler so this is quite an upgrade due to me joining the Navy.

Used 2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (Green Car) Rapid City

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just from a quick scan looks pretty nice. Relatively low miles, doesn't appear to have been off road frequently, and its rescue green (one of my favorite colors). But I couldn't really be able to give an honest opinion without seeing it in person. Good luck and hopefully we will soon be able to welcome you back into the Jeep community :thumb:

·
Registered
996 Posts
For me $25000.00 seem way to high for a 5 model year old jeep. Did you look at a new one? Regardless of the mileage it's still 5 years old.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I agree on the price. Though I usually call BS on a lot of "deals" referenced on this site, I'm pretty sure you can do better than that. We picked up a '10 Islander Unlimited with tow, power, steps, upgraded sound, dual tops and only 9k miles in July for just under $26k. And I'm in New England, which seems to be one of the more expensive areas.

Unless it's the color, I'd keep looking. Good luck.

S

·
Registered
2,637 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys. The price I am gonna offer them is $20,000 total. I guess we'll see if I am a new JK owner tomorrow

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I still have my 87 yj but bought my wife an 07 unlimited for 15,500. Keep looking for a better price

·
Registered
771 Posts
I did that a year ago, yj to jk, phew is all I can say. However I moved into an '11 and immediately (like within 6 months) traded in for a '12. if I can offer anything is doing everything in your power to get into a '12 at minimum, aside from the engine it's the transmission (if you're auto) that makes or breaks it. the 3 speed auto 89 yj I had did not perform as poorly as the '11 auto, dangerous in fact. Drive that 08 then a '12. While at firsts it's overwhelming (the obvious difference), but you'll seen feel the shortfall both engine and transmission. Don't make the mistake.

20K? get into a '12 sport if you can. Even slightly used or a demo at least.

Again, from experience, do whatever you can to get into a min. '12

·
Registered
513 Posts
Do what you want of course but I think you should seriously consider buying a new 13 or leftover 12 Sport instead of that 08. The difference in power alone is worth it and there's none of those "other peoples' problems" issue. If it was a Rubi or a $5k difference it might be a different story.

I speak from experience as we were shopping for a used JK and couldn't find a single one with an asking price less than $4k below new and with less than 50k miles. We LOVE our 2012 and knowing it's fully warranted really made the decision an easy one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think tomorrow I'll head to the local Jeep Dealer and speak with them about what they can do for a new Sport. The warranty would give me some peace of mind. Also, Wranglers aren't like other vehicles, driving off the lot does not considerably drop their value

1 - 11 of 11 Posts