Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to my local dealer tomorrow to talk about ordering a '13 Sport S, the options I'm at so far

Gecko Pearl
Black Hardtop
Automatic trans
3.73's
Limited slip differential
Apline stereo upgrade
Slush Mats
Tinted glass

Now the questions:
#1 Does the power windows/locks package make it much more involved to pull off the doors?

#2 Is the "Connectivity Package" worth the $$? If so, why?

#3 Anyone know if its possible to save a little $$ and order the cheapo 16" steel rims & tires on a Sport S? (Planning on 33x12.50x15's right away)

Ryan

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
1. No, it's not any harder. There's a harness going to the doors with or without the power package for the dome light switch. Either way it is 1 plug to pull, remove straps, and take doors off.

2. In my opinion yes. You get hands free for your phone, Bluetooth and USB streaming, voice control of the radio, upgraded EVIC that let's you see your tire pressures and set a bunch of personal settings, as well as steering wheel controls for the hands free and EVIC. I like all of the features a lot.

3. No, the S package only comes with the 17" aluminum wheels and 255/75/17 tires. There is more of a market for them than the steelies, so you can recoup some of your money selling them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you into the phone thing? I'm not so I felt the Connectivity and computer stuff was way over priced. I did buy the pwr windows/locks etc package.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'm glad I got the convenience group. I wanted it mainly for the evic but I'm loving streaming from my phone & the usb port rocks.

I didn't bother with the nav though, I just got the basic 130 radio.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
if you plan on putting a backup camera in at some point, or a real head unit, don't waste your money on the connectivity package.

i put in a pioneer touch screen unit for about the same cost as the connectivity package and it has all the gadgets and more than the stock unit. plus you can watch dvds and actually see behind you with the screen.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Connectivity Package was over-priced....but still a must for me.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Connectivity Package was money well spent for me. Use the bluetooth for phone everyday. Love the usb port to play music off usb stick , and the steering wheel controls are very nice.
Agree. The features you mentioned were worth the cost of admission, for me. Use em every day.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
1. No, it's not any harder. There's a harness going to the doors with or without the power package for the dome light switch. Either way it is 1 plug to pull, remove straps, and take doors off.

2. In my opinion yes. You get hands free for your phone, Bluetooth and USB streaming, voice control of the radio, upgraded EVIC that let's you see your tire pressures and set a bunch of personal settings, as well as steering wheel controls for the hands free and EVIC. I like all of the features a lot.

3. No, the S package only comes with the 17" aluminum wheels and 255/75/17 tires. There is more of a market for them than the steelies, so you can recoup some of your money selling them.
^^ Bam. This.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Agree. The features you mentioned were worth the cost of admission, for me. Use em every day.
Yeah....and it went up $100 bucks for the 2013's.... :mad:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I did not get the connectivity package on mine when I ordered it and I regret it!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
if you plan on putting a backup camera in at some point, or a real head unit, don't waste your money on the connectivity package.

i put in a pioneer touch screen unit for about the same cost as the connectivity package and it has all the gadgets and more than the stock unit. plus you can watch dvds and actually see behind you with the screen.
This is precisely why I opted not to pay for the Connectiviy Package.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Not thrilled with slush mats. Unless you want Jeep logo and tire tracks, I'd save money and buy weathertech or similar. Better coverage and fit.

S

·
Registered
892 Posts
I think everyone covered your main questions. Connectivity is expensive but worth it in my opinion. The power convenience package I personally skipped on my JKU and dont miss it. I think it would be even less so on a JK. I like manual windows and locks. Finally, tinted windows are standard but deep sunscreen tint is a $300 upgrade on the JK S. Those are your traditional dark tinted windows you probably want. You will love Gecko btw. Great choice and it is almost done with its production run.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Connectivity is great, but I can not hear it for anything with soft top on. Only seems to work well with hard top too much road noise with soft top.

No one else has this problem?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Connectivity is great, but I can not hear it for anything with soft top on. Only seems to work well with hard top too much road noise with soft top.

No one else has this problem?
I was actually amazed how well it worked with just the soft top.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
The connectivity is great.
The convenience package is well worth it for a DD as you dont have to reach over to roll down the passenger window and you can add the remote start which is the cats ass in the winter.
And of course Gecko is the fastest color I dont care what those Billet guys think.
Deep tint is great because all the little thugs can not see what you have in the back.
Hard top is the only way to go in the great white north.
3.73 are great option if your gonna go bigger on tires.
And of course that auto will net you a lower ET at the track than the manual and is a requirement for the remote start.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You will love Gecko btw. Great choice and it is almost done with its production run.

Thats why I'm going down to try to make a deal tomorrow, I'm in a wheelchair healing from a motorcycle accident and cant drive it for a couple more months (the Mrs. will break it in for me), but its my favorite color, and matches my hot rod almost perfectly LOL....

Thanks guys, alot of good points, I'll probobly do the connectivity, skip the slush mats and make a last minute decision on the power window/locks option...Kind of a bummer about the wheels, but they probobly will sell easier than the steelies...

Ryan

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Are you into the phone thing? I'm not so I felt the Connectivity and computer stuff was way over priced. I did buy the pwr windows/locks etc package.
Same here. I don't freak out if I can't answer my phone while driving.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I can't imagine having to roll down or lock back doors. Might as well skip windows and doors that open!

S

1 - 20 of 45 Posts