Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my sPOD. But when I swapped out the standard rocker switch covers for the Contura Laser Etched Switch Covers from OTRATTW, I was unhappy with the fact that they were a little too bright for my taste, and they were all one color (white).

So, I took some of the colored gel film used for stage lighting and cut it into some very small pieces. I figure if the film can withstand the heat of stage lighting, it will surely handle the small amount of heat generated by the lights behind the switches. I used hot melt glue to attach the film to the switch, so I can remove it easily if I'm unhappy with the result.

Here are a few pics.

Rocker.

Back of rocker and colored film.

Rocker with colored film in place.

No difference when the switches are off.

Modified switch on left, unmodified on right. Not as bright, and slightly more amber. Woohoo!

The difference is a bit more pronounced that it appears in the picture. I think it came out the way I wanted, but I'll need to see how it looks tonight after it gets dark. If it's still too bright, I can always use a second layer of film...

I obviously have too much time on my hands... :whistling:

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
That's a great idea. I'm going to have to look into that. :)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Great mod actually.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts