Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in need of new 35' rubber. So, at this point im thinking maybe switching it up from 15's to 17's. Maybe a new style in tire too. Even tho i do like the KM2's. So, that being said, post a pic of what your jeeps rockin. Looking for some new ideas here, maybe something i havent seen. TIA! :punk:

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
This was before I painted them black and did the 2" lift

After

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lookin Good!!

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
What functionality gain are you expecting going to a 17" rim? The only reason I could logically see going to 17" is if you were going to big 1 ton axles that had huge disk brakes. Personally I hate the prices and selection of 17" rim tires too.

·
Registered
33,540 Posts
Ion Alloy 174 15X8's wrapped in33X12.50 KM2's.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I went to 17s just due to the greater availability of tires.. I am told that the 15s are getting more difficult to find and/or the wait for them is longer. Not my opinion, just what I had heard. The reason behind this is because the new Jeeps have 17s on them.

Dana

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What functionality gain are you expecting going to a 17" rim? The only reason I could logically see going to 17" is if you were going to big 1 ton axles that had huge disk brakes. Personally I hate the prices and selection of 17" rim tires too.
Well, buddy. I would like to keep my 15's for smashing into rocks and ripping up trails. As for 17's, i understand it wouldn't make my jeep function any better... but they look so dang good! :thumb: .... You are exactly correct on the prices tho. If i kept the same tire but went to 17' rim, it would cost 500 more at the dotted line.

I also just wanted to see what ppl were driving on, i might buy a new 15' wheel. Who knows what ill do, i throw money at this thing like i have a money tree in the backyard. :nonono:

·
Registered
392 Posts
31' Wrangler MT/R w/ 15' Steel wheels I want to put in a 2' BB after seeing this pic tho LOL nice looking Jeep bro! :thumb:
Thanks, It's the Rubi Express lift (spacers and longer shocks)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts