Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please specify tire size and lift height. Really having a hard time visualizing the difference and the tiny pics on the profiles are brutal....It's a good chance to show off to a rookie

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,042 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I am currently undecided between 33 or 35's as well as height concern. This thread will help.
I was in the same dilemma as you. My 2013 rubicon had the stock 32.1 tires on it. So I went with the 285/70/17 Duratracs. They didn't affect my speedometer at all. . Tire shop said they were same height mounted as the stock ones but just wider. So they traded me out of those into the mt/r. Very happy and now I have enough ground clearance for what I use my jeep for. . Trails and some rock crawling. . Fun fun

·
Registered
15 Posts
I strongly considered the same tire size as you, but Sahara's rims run a inch taller. Should i go with 3.5" lift to have the same looks as yours?

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,042 Posts
I strongly considered the same tire size as you, but Sahara's rims run a inch taller. Should i go with 3.5" lift to have the same looks as yours?
When you go any taller than 3" of lift you run in other money expenses. Exhaust spacers or a new driveshaft, longer brake lines and control arms.

From what I've read and been told by my dealer is that a 2.5 lift is a very safe lift requiring very minimal or no other components after the lift. I believe you have 18" rims correct?

·
Premium Member
16,888 Posts
Strictly "looks" opinion..... 2dr - 33's ... 4dr - 35's

Actual difference in what the Jeep can do (or Not do) for 98% of the drivers?

zero.

Not a popular fact but true never the less. Jeeps, Camaros, BMWs, and AR-15's
Get modded because - Modding "IS" the Hobby.

Those who deny that need to get in touch with their own reality.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Actual difference in what the Jeep can do (or Not do) for 98% of the drivers?

zero.
I can only surmise from this post that you don't do much more than light trail riding.

Going from 33's to 35's makes a lot more difference on serious trails than you think regardless of the skill of the driver.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
My Duratracs measured out to 33.5 too.

And wheels make a big difference in how the tires look too. Mine are 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic III with a 4.5" back spacing.

·
Premium Member
16,888 Posts
I can only surmise from this post that you don't do much more than light trail riding.

Going from 33's to 35's makes a lot more difference on serious trails than you think regardless of the skill of the driver.
That's cool. Nothing personal matter of opinion. You do live in a completely different place than I do.
Skill of the driver, equipment, experience, recovery equipment, the list can go on and on BUT the difference of 1" in tire (depending on how the particular tire actually measures) compared to ALL the other variables.....
Like I said - for the vast majority of "drivers" the difference between what the rig will do or won't do based on the tire diameter is - zero.

No need to "D" measure on experience or what trails we ride. :)

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,042 Posts
Going from 33's to 35's makes a lot more difference on serious trails than you think regardless of the skill of the driver.[/QUOTE]

I can second that statement

·
Let the Jeepn Times Roll
2,042 Posts
I like my mtr's for off road but on the highway its a little different They like to follow the minor ruts made by the big rigs. Also if you get that asymmetrical tread design on a painted line it can get a little squirrly. Think on my next tire I'm going to try the new KO2

1 - 20 of 43 Posts