Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you go any taller than 3" of lift you run in other money expenses. Exhaust spacers or a new driveshaft, longer brake lines and control arms. From what I've read and been told by my dealer is that a 2.5 lift is a very safe lift requiring very minimal or no other components after the lift. I believe you have 18" rims correct?
Thanks for the info; Yes indeed, the rims are 18". The issue is that I don't want the tires touching anything on the jeep, this is why i have been reading lately since i am new on the "hobbie". IMO the extra inch will put the tire .5" closer to the jeep fender and then raise the jeep height by .5"

If thats true...then can we technically say that it will be a 2" lift if i install the same tire size on a 1" larger rim?

·
Premium Member
16,890 Posts
Really sort of Funny how ignorance of History impacts opinions.
10 years ago I went to Rausch Creek with my brand new Rubicon.
4.10 gears, lockers, LSD and ..... 31" tires and everybody was like " Wow we read about these Rubicons....." But ya know there are guys here with 33's.
Today few would show their faces with 31's and IF they came with 33's or 35's it would be "Ya know there are guys here with 37's"
How many years will it be before 40's are the "Game Changer"?

Whatever, IF you trail ride or rock crawl - Enjoy what it is you are doing and the rest who cares.
Peace.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Strictly "looks" opinion..... 2dr - 33's ... 4dr - 35's

Actual difference in what the Jeep can do (or Not do) for 98% of the drivers?

zero.

Not a popular fact but true never the less. Jeeps, Camaros, BMWs, and AR-15's
Get modded because - Modding "IS" the Hobby.

Those who deny that need to get in touch with their own reality.
I'm seeing the truth in everything you posted...

·
Registered
2,234 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I ran 33s for the first 40k miles and now 5k miles on 35s and there is a definite improvement off road.Trails with deep ruts seem easier and deep mud and water crossings are easier.Looking back I wish I would have went with 35s from the start.Next time it will be 37s.

Stock
33s 2.5" TF spring lift
35s 2.5" TF spring lift and flat fenders

Attachments

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Love the look, can you share what wheels/tires those are?

Thanks
315/70R17 Duratracs on 17x9 Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels with 4.5" backspacing. They only rubbed a hair on stock fenders when my swaybar was disconnected and I was at full stuff. With the flat flares, they don't rub anywhere any time.

·
Registered
116 Posts
285/75r16 Duratrac's on 16" procomps with a 4.5" backspace, no lift. Little rubbing of the air dam at full tilt.
I've been looking at this exact same package, but the specs I'm seeing on the 16" Procomp 7069 says they're 4" backspace, not 4.5", which has me a little worried. Did you find a different model ProComp with 4.5" BS, or was that a typo?

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Here is mine with a 4 inch lift and 315-70-17's. Note the manual locking hubs, just finished them.
IMG_4673.JPG

21 - 40 of 43 Posts