Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Potential transmission issue on a 2016 sport?

Hi all,

So my sister has a 2016 sport, and she's noticed the past few weeks that it's been shifting weird and holding high rpms. I've driven it a bunch and also noticed that it will sometimes feel as if it is shaking when cruising (even when put on cruise control). It almost feels like its making small jerking movements, most noticeably between 60-80km/h (37-50mph).

The truck so far has 50,000km (31,000 miles) and the only modifications to it are steel bumpers and an aftermarket wheel/tire setup (33s).

It's still under warranty (and even has extended warranty), so we brought it into to a local dealership and they're trying to say it's the front right wheel bearing (since they obviously wouldn't want to do tranny work). It seems like a transmission issue, but they seem reluctant to acknowledge that.

I've previously had a 2014 sport with 84,000km on it, and currently have a 2017 rubicon with 60,000km on it and neither of them have had these issues.

Has anyone had any similar experiences or know what the issue might be?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
could be a number of things. wheel balance could be off. warped disc on the braking system. could be a bad drive shaft. could be a bad crank shaft sensor.

personally i think its a combo of the wheel balance being off and the tire size not programmed right into the jeep computer.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We brought it into the dealership and they replaced the wheel bearing on the front passenger side. So far it seems okay, but it has been acting up on and off, so we'll see how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts