Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a complete set of bolts that are Black Powder Coated? Without having to buy a complete hinge set...

I had to swap mine out due to rust. I bought the ones listed on the Big Q's site, only to find out they are the Black Zinc Oxide. Which starts to rust in about 24 hours. I would prefer not to go the touch-up paint route to paint over them. (Never know when you gotta pop them out and scuff the paint all over again) I have looked just about everywhere online.

Or does anyone know the size and thread measurements? Maybe I can find them elsewhere instead of searching the whole internet for "powder coated Jeep windshield bolt." Thx!

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
How often are you really taking those on/off? You can get stanless steel panhead phillips bolts at Lowes. Couple coats of black spray have held up fine on mine.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering how that would handle up. And maybe you are right and I really am over-estimating how often I would need to pull them.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the easiest.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I'm going to eventually replace mine with the Kontrol black powder coated ones. Not because I take them off regularly, but to add a fresh look to the Jeep.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Saw the central kit too. Seems like the only set out there that is powder coated. Stinks they don't sell the bolts separately. That is a lot go $$$

1 - 7 of 7 Posts