Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 Sahara which is white and I want to add black wheels. I am on a limited budget so I was wondering about powder coating the factory wheels. Will the powder coating hold up to dings, winter salt, etc.? Thanks

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
You can probably pick up some black steelies for not much more than pc'ing your stockers, and you'll have more options for tire sizes available with aftermarket backspacing.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Except he's likely to rub the calipers on a JK with 15x8 Cragars, but 16's would be fine... :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I actually have my own powder coat booth and gun, so if it were me I would just do them myself. But I agree with Inferno Girl. If you have to do them yourself, I could guess that you will pay right around $75 per wheel. Considering you can get those Cragar's for about $50, that might be the way to go. And if you wanted aluminum wheels instead of steel, you can get the wheels that I have for a little over $100 each: Pro Comp 7069-6873 - Pro Comp (Series 7069) 1-Piece Flat Black Finish Alloy Wheel for Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts