Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Jason and I am a newb here. I recently bought a 2010 unlimited sport. I noticed today that the power door lock on the front passenger are not working right. when you press any of the switches all of the doors lock and unlock but that one. you have to manually lock and unlock it. i am thinking maybe a broken wire or something. has anybody else have a problem like this. any suggestions on what to look for would be helpful. thanks in advance.

P.S. we love the Jeep and are having a blast with it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
hey hillbilly welcome. have you taken the doors off b4 or if the pre owners did. you might want to check the door connections on that side. un plugg clean and retry. hope it works

·
Registered
80 Posts
Like Afterhour suggested try cleaning the plug connections. If that doesnt work try testing the plug. Find the tap in the plug that sends power to the door lock, with a volt meter test for power by sticking a lead from volt meter into the tap on door plug and push door lock button. If volt meter registers power than its not the plug. At least the the incoming part of it. Next test wiring from plug to locking silonoide. I havent removed my door panels yet, so I dont know the details on how theyre wired but thats just how I would go about trouble shooting problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just got my 2013 Unlimited and I have the same problem on the same door. Weird. If My Jeep survives the hurricane, I am taking it to my dealer this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts