Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I had the locks fail to lock or unlock. I replaced fuse M38, which I found to be blown. After replacing it I regained unlocking capabilities on all doors and the tailgate. I've tried a different key fob, and neither the driver or passenger door switches are able to lock the doors. I don't hear a relay clicking like I do for the unlock switch. I've also checked the plugs on each door to make sure they are fully inserted.

The only things I haven't tried are checking the wires for anything worn out(my JKU only has 21k miles), or taking apart the door to see if something else as become loose. Has anyone else had this issue? I'd really like to avoid paying the dealership to fix this.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be a warranty issue if you only have 21k on your jeep. Unless you have messed with the electrical on your jeep. I would take it to the dealer. Good luck

-JP
I should have added that mine is a '13. I'll have to double check the warranty status, but I assumed it was out since its been 3 years and I'm also the second owner.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I should have added that mine is a '13. I'll have to double check the warranty status, but I assumed it was out since its been 3 years and I'm also the second owner.
I bought my '14 used but it is still covered under the original warranty. Several small things have been fixed and covered with no questions from my service dealership (not the same dealer where I purchased my jk).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts