Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a few days ago I'm driving along the highway, and there's a section where there's a sudden rapid rise of the surface after a bridge underpass. You know the kind where it feels a little like you're lifting off a bit? I was probably at about 70-75 mph, and as I crested the rise, it felt like the engine just lost power for a few seconds, before it seemed to recover, and has been fine ever since

I've not been back on that section to test it again, as we've had the shelter-in place thing here in Northern California, but I was wondering what on earth it could have been? Some kind of fuel surge somewhere?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I haven't had this happen with my foot on the gas, but have had the Jeep kick out of cruise control in a situation like you describe. Presumably because traction control kicked in as those above have suggested.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
If your wheel sensors detect a variance in speed from the other wheels this happens. It thinks you are experiencing a loss of traction. If this happens frequently check to be sure you have equal air pressure on all 4 tires.

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Echo the traction control.

When TC activates it throttles back the motor. If you're not expecting it, it feels like 'loss of power'.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts